Monday, April 6, 2009

HealthFest 09: Week 2

Week 1 Recap & Weight: 148.2

Week 2 Weigh-In..... 149.0

Disapointing, yes.... but I thought it was going to be WAY worse. And honestly, I thought that 149 was a lie. I was expecting over 150, so in a way, I was relieved. Of course, on the other hand, there goes a week down the drain. It's really time to take it up a notch. No, for serious this time.

Goals for the Week:
  1. Drink more water! 3 water bottle-fulls per day. It was surprisingly easy to drink 2x day if I conciously thought about it, so I'm kicking it up to 3x a day.
  2. 30 minutes of cardio 3x this week. I failed miserably last week, but I know that the only way to stop the arm jiggle is to lose so pounds, and healthy eating will only get you so far. Plus, it's good for my heart.
  3. Cook healthy dinners 4x this week. Normally we cook dinner 6-7 times a week, but we're headed to a Yankees game on Thursday, going out on Friday, and having Easter dinner with our friends.
  4. Bring lunch to work every day this week. I am guilty of caving to peer pressure and going out for lunch. It is no good for my wallet or waistline. Lunches in will be less fun, but at least I know how many WW points everything is!

So those are the goals for the week. I'll post what I make and recipe reviews, so stay tuned for that! Oh, and if you have any recipe suggestions for stuff that's delicious, healthy, and not terribly expensive to make (ie no $15 cuts of meat), leave it below... I'm always on the look-out for a good recipe!

No comments: