Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of Summer!

It's the first official day of summer and our beach vacation is just a few weeks away. I cannot wait to get Baby girl into the sand! Everything is still business as usual and I usually don't have enough time to put together a post of substance.. which means no posting at all. I'm keeping this blog more for me than baby Girl, so i don't feel so bad. I have a baby book that I'm writing all of her milestones in and while I don't update that as much as I'd like, I when I do, it's good stuff.

I was putting all of our mother's and father's day cards into the shoebox I keep of cards we've gotten for her, and while I was in the closet, I pulled out the little box of special outfits I have saved. I can't believe how tiny she used to be!!! And really, an almost 9 lb baby is in no way considered "tiny". At this point, she's got to be almost 20 lbs?

I'm working late tonight, with lots of work stuff and personal stuff to be done in these few hours away (with not many other people in the office!). The majority of my personal paperwork (bills, thank you's, trying to figure out how to spend less money) gets done at work because when i'm home I just can't be bothered. I saw this on the mommy message boards...

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

She'll be 8 months old next week - where did the last 8 months go?

No comments: