Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quick & Easy Dinner

For some unknown reason, WW sends me their magazine every month even though I do not send them any dollars. It's pretty cool.

This month they had a special section on meatballs, which is right up my alley. I hate making chicken because I hate looking at whole animal parts... so I make Ryan cook it. But usually I just buy ground meat because it's less gross. At any rate, I made this for dinner and it was fabulous.

Herbed Meatballs with Rice
adapted from Sept/Oct 2010 WW Magazine

Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup parsley
1/2 onion, minced - they say red onion, but I used a Valdalia
salt & pepper
1/2 cup water
20 cherry tomatoes, halved
cooked rice.... I used a bag of Success 10 min. rice

To do:
1. Combine turkey, 1/4 cup parsley, 1/4 onion, salt and pepper in a bowl. Form into 16 little meatballs.
2. Spray skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add meatballs. Be sure to turn them so they brown evenly. This takes about 6-8 minutes. Then turn the heat down, cover, and allow to cook through. This takes about 3-5 minutes.... be sure to shake the pan every few seconds to keep from burning. Set aside the meatballs.
3. Add water to the skillet, and scrape up the brown bits from the meatballs. Allow most of the water to evaporate. Add 1/4 onion, some minced garlic, and the cherry tomatoes. Cook until browned/softened.
4. Stir in meatballs and extra parsley. Serve over rice.

Makes 4 servings (2 if you're pregnant). 5 points for 4 meatballs, 1/3 cup sauce, and 1/2 cup rice.

No comments: