Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Randomness

I am so done with this heat, and it has nothing to do with being pregnant. I hate sweating, I've over summer clothes, and unless I'm at the beach, I have no use for temperatures over 76 degrees.

We are totally registered for our hospital tour and birth classes. The first class is September 15. I'm obscenely excited, even though I know the whole thing is going to scare the crap out of me.

I ordered curtains for the nursery. I can't wait to get them and hang them and enjoy their girly ruffles. I'll post pics when we hang them.

I have two outfits picked out for my shower (which is in 3 weeks!!!)... one for cooler weather and one for this blazing hotness. I would really rather wear the fall-weather outfit, as I look much, much better in it. The summer outfit is a long dress that at this point looks like a muu-muu on a fat lady. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 30 degree drop in temperature in the next 3 weeks.

I had to retire my engagement and diamond wedding band. I normally wear my engagement ring, diamond wedding band, and plain gold band all together, but my fingers are either fat or bloated. Either way, I'm scared they're going to get stuck and I'll have to get them cut, and I am soooo not into cutting wedding bands. So I went to get them all polished and cleaned, and I'm currently wearing only my gold band. It's very, very sad, but it's much better than having my rings cut off. Plus, they will be so shiny and sparkley when I put them back on!!

I've officially stopped weighing myself every morning. I like to step on the scale every morning just because... however, the numbers I'm currently seeing are scaring me a little. Not because I'm afraid I won't lose it (WW has worked before, it will work again).... the numbers are just really high. And I don't want to see it.

Ryan's CCCS account is paid off. Zero balance. No more payments. My CCCS account will be paid off in 46 days. Well, let me rephrase that - the final payment is due in 46 days (October 15). I have to actually submit the payment (so it can be credited to my account) by October 8. At this time, I actually can't comprehend the magnitude of reaching this goal. More to come on this, I'm sure.

My ticker says 67 days until my due date... that's just over 2 months. I go back and forth between "OMG just come already" and "OMG I need a couple more weeks to get ready". It's exciting and scary and so fun. Know what makes me feel like a mom? Buying diapers. Standing in Target, sifting through coupons, and trying to get diapers for less than 14 cents each. I love buying cheap diapers, and have a pretty good stockpile going.

This past weekend I was contemplating how delivery actually works. I'm still not 100% on how everything stretches and all that, because.... it just seems like it doesn't fit. I mean, if the average baby is 20 inches long, that means it's feet are still in your uterus while the head is outside your body. This probably deserves it's own post.

Last night's True Blood... just stop reading if you haven't seen it... this is the end of the post. If you did see it... scroll, read, discuss.












Still with me? OMG, I am going to be so.pissed if Eric meets the true death. When Eric whipped out the handcuffs at the end of the episode, I thought that would be the perfect time to chain him to the pole holding up the canopy of Fantasia. Except then Eric chained Russell to himself. Why??????? Chain Russell to the pole and get the hell back inside!!! Also, Jessica and Hoyt are just adorable.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Your post made me laugh! I am not sure how delivery works either ha!....ps: i'm so over the heat as well.

Alicia said...

I am starting to get that way with my wedding bands too. I find that as long as I don't sleep in them I am fine.

In your baby class they will explain how delivery works, at that point you will feel like you know too well. It's a lil scary...

Unknown said...

Hi! I found you from Live.Love.Laugh. I'm just three weeks behind you in your pregnancy--due the day after Thanksgiving :)