Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sing-Off > American Idol

How did I not know about Sing-Off prior to last night? Why would anyone ever want to watch American Idol ever again?

First, there's actual talent. Now, that's not to say there isn't real talent on American Idol (Kelly Clarkson & Carrie Underwood 4-Eva), but it is few and far between... Ruben Studdard, what are you doing now? And what's up with the guy who (wrongfully) beat Hottie Adam Lambert (Adam, your AMA performance was questionable at best, but you rock guy-liner in a way that I fully appreciate)? What's he doing now?

ANYWAY, the acapella groups on Sing-Off are jaw-dropping-ly amazing. I cannot get over it.

One group did that Coldplay song that goes "..... when I ruled the world....... I know St. Peter will call my name....." (you know the one). Sick. And then they did "Hold On" by Wilson Philips and I got goosebumps. Hard.

An all-dude group did "Down". There was beatboxing. There was some type of salsa beatboxing. My jaw = hanging open.

Am I the only one in love with this show? I can't be.... share the love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.