Saturday, October 17, 2009

Random List of Fun Stuff

  • Ryan and I finished up our first week of the Couch to 5k Plan! This is a huge accomplishment, and I'm highly excited about our first 5K (I've run them before, but he hasn't, so this is a HUGE first).
  • I'm spending the day baking pumpkin bread with this. I decided against the bundt pan, as I'm not baking for an army and if I baked a bundt cake, I would eat the entire thing. The loaf pan was much more practical (even if it's not as cute).
  • We're going to Lowe's tonight to pick out some paint samples! We just got our renewel notice for our townhouse and we have the option to rent for 15 months. We're going to do it, and have no plans to move (both our jobs are very stable), so we're going to paint. Not a ton - just an accent wall or two - but it makes sense for us and I'm not worried about having to paint it back (we will, I'm just not worried about it). Yey for paint!
  • I'm breaking out the slow cooker for the first time this season! AllRecipes is my go-to site for really everything. Anyone have a favorite slow cooker recipe they want to share?

4 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds as if things are going well at your house. I have a great chicken/corn chowder recipe for the slow cooker that I'll have on the blog soon. I took pictures, but I have a few other things coming first and I haven't written it up yet.

Sue

Gussy Sews said...

wooo hooo, you're painting! be sure to take pics :)

Gussy

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

Congrats on finishing your first week, I love running together with the hubby! We're going to run our first 5K together this fall/winter! How was the pumpkin bread recipe? I hope you'll share the recipe if it was good!

Oh and glad to hear you'll be sticking around MD for awhile!

Molly said...

mmmh, pumpkin bread. I have 2 rooms with accent walls and I think it adds so much to the room. You are going to love it!