Thursday, July 16, 2009

FU Self.com

That Self.com quiz pissed me off the other day. I wouldn't say I'm terribly overweight, and truthfully, I'm not even sure I'd look ok at 121lbs. I enjoy my boobs and behind, thankyouverymuch.

That being said, I do (still) need to lose 5-10 lbs. Having done Weight Watchers on and off for the last few years, I can honestly say that while it does work, it makes me really anxious. The point counting is all I can think about - How many points is this muffin? How many points do i have left? What if I go out for lunch?

So basically, I was paying almost $40 a month to be all stressed out by the damn points. I can handle the stress (I mean, I go to my full time job, right?), it was the paying for it that was starting to bum me out.

A while ago I read about FitDay on That Wife's blog and thought it sounded pretty easy to use... at any rate, it was free. So for the past few days I've been using it to log my weight each morning and my foods throughout the day. It takes a bunch of planning in the morning (I was WAY to laxy to do it the night before), but once you get it set up with your custom foods, it's as easy as clicking boxes to move foods to the current day.

Yesterday I did really well! Since I don't have time to work out (FU, Job #2) on a daily basis, I figured a meal plan of 1200-1300 calories would be best for me. Truthfully, it doesn't seem like a lot, but if you pick a variety of foods with lower calories and good fiber and protein, it can work. Yesterday I didn't even eat the whole turkey sandwich I made because I just wasn't hungry!

Here are my stats from Fitday:

And here's what I ate:
Breakfast: bowl of Kix cereal (1.25 cups) and skim milk (.5 cup)
AM Snack: hummus (2 tbsp) and baby carrots (3oz bag)
Lunch: "Healthy Choice" Pot Stickers (frozen, ready to eat meal)
PM Snack: Fiber One bar, 17 slices of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
Dinner: Scrambled Eggs with Veggie Shreds (1 whole, 1 egg white; .25 cups of Veggie Shreds) AND turkey sandwich (Sandwich thin, 2 slices of deli turkey, 1 wedge Laughing Cow low fat swiss cheese)

The dinner sandwich worked because I was in the car on my way to Job #2.... I'm doing the exact same plan tonight and I have the same schedule. I also stopped at 7-11 on my way to work and grabbed a 44oz cup and filled it with just ice. When I got to work, I used the office water cooler to fill that bad boy up. I then proceeded to drink the entire thing over the course of the day. I peed probably 5-6 times. I should probably drink more water on a regular basis.

What are your tips and tricks for weight loss - and please don't tell me hours in the gym, since time is a commodity I don't really have these days.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I just created a profile with FitDay! What a great site. Since I am home all day, I tend to snack alot. This will help keep me out of the kitchen!
I do workout...sorry.:) I do P90X at home, though. It is a DVD set, because there is no way I could get myself to the gym!