Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fluffy Butt

There's nothing cuter than a baby with a big fluffy cloth diaper butt. I'd show you some proof, but I feel like maybe the internets aren't the best place for a nakee pic of Baby Bear. It's been a couple of weeks since we started cloth diapering and I looooove it. Possibly because Little Miss hasn't pooped in her cloth yet. I imagine that's going to suuuuuuuck. But we've been doing cloth at night and on the weekends, and I'll be damned if her little cloth-covered butt isn't the cutest thing I've seen. Our cloth stash so far consists of:

  • Two BumGenius 3.0's

  • One BumGenius 4.0

  • Two Flip covers with two stay-dry inserts & one organic insert

  • Three BumGenius Fitteds

  • Two packages of Circo brand washclothes... yep, we're doing cloth wipes, too

I've been buying them here & there when I see them on sale, which is why it's such a random assortment. That's not really enough for a full weekend, so we're still using disposibles here and there, and I wash the cloth dipes as soon as they've all been used. I loooove doing cloth diaper laundry because it means Baby Bear's butt will be fluffy again soon.


Our laundry routine is pretty simple - everything goes into the washer and through a cold cycle. Add two tablespoons of Rockin Green detergent and run everything through a hot cycle, and once that's done, run a cold cycle to get out any excess detergent. All of the inserts and wash cloths go into the dryer, and the diapers all get hung to dry.


I'm looking to expand our stash... any recommendations for fitteds? I've seen lots of chatter on the mommy boards about Sticky Peas and MammaMade. Has anyone tried those?

4 comments:

Sandy said...

We're right there with you! We're cloth diapering at night...and so far, I haven't had to change a poopy cloth diaper. But if you were a casual observer who just happened to glance in on my life during the mornings when there's a mad scramble to get him into a disposable before the morning "session" hits him...you'd get a good laugh!
Because rain or shine...he's gonna poop within 10 minutes of waking up...

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

hey! I used a timer for these, but I typically just have my husband snap some pictures ;) I ALWAYS have to ask with him, though. I'm the one who just thinks and does it. He doesn't have the same brain, so I just ask ;) its okay, though.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

hey! I used a timer for these, but I typically just have my husband snap some pictures ;) I ALWAYS have to ask with him, though. I'm the one who just thinks and does it. He doesn't have the same brain, so I just ask ;) its okay, though.

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Yay for cloth! Just to make you feel better, we've had our boy in cloth exclusively since day 10 and the poop is SO not a big deal. You'll be fine! We have a couple of the newborn sized bg's which fit perfectly, and the rest are the one size bg's, which are still a little big (he's probably just over 9 lbs at this point).
I use rockin' green too, but for what it's worth, we get by with just 1 tbsp :)