Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Green and Jeans week

There has been a sign at daycare for the past 2 weeks: "The week of March 14-18, wear a GREEN shirt and jeans!"

Like a good mother, I went through Baby Bear's clothes and she has 2 green St. Patrick's Day shirts. She will be at daycare 3 days this week, so I went to Target and for $4, bought another green onesie so that she can wear green shirts (and her jeans) all 3 days. Did I need to? No, she could have worn the same shirt 2 days. But it was $4 and it's cute. And it doesn't specifically say "St. Patrick's Day", so really, my Irish baby can wear it any time. And wow, does she look cute in green.

So today she wore an adorable green and white striped onesie that says "This is my lucky shirt". She is also wearing jeans and her St. Patrick's Day bib (for Christmas she was gifted sweet personalized bibs for Valentine's Day, St. Patty's Day, and Easter). I will wash jeans and bib this evening with her other items so they are clean for tomorrow. I will repeat this act tomorrow night so they are clean for Thursday.

This morning I did drop-off.

The sign is still up by the check-in computer. None of the kids I see are in their green shirts and jeans. I get to the infant room. Baby Bear immediately smiles when she see her teacher and her teacher says "Hi Baby Bear! I knew you'd get dressed up this week!" The 2 other children in the room were wearing regular (non-green) outfits.

Now, here is what I am wondering.... are other parents lazy? Do they not care? Or am I just a first time mom?

7 comments:

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Ha! I don't know about the other parents but I'll be right there with you dressing my baby in fun stuff like that :) We were gifted a really cute shamrock onesie, and we'll see if he makes his appearance in time to wear it ;)

Anonymous said...

Im in the same boat too!! Kaya has at least one oneies for every holiday! I love it! They look so cute and its not a lot of work to dress them up so why not.

I bet Baby Bear looked super cute!

Dana said...

i would do it!

Sandy said...

I would totally do it...buy the cute outfit and get it all ready. And then lack of sleep would smack me in the face and I would forget to dress her in them the day that I was supposed to do it.

But I'm cool like that...

Anonymous said...

I hope shw wears her St. Patty's headband.
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Lol .. As a former preschool teacher, I can tell you - It is NOT because you are a 1st time mom. I actually had a parent tell me once that they did not want to bring Valentine's for the other children because they are babies and do not know the difference. And I can also assure you, you and your daughter's spirit probably really made your child's teacher's day! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Kim said...

HOW ADORABLE!! And by the way, the cool Mommies do those fun things!!!!!!