Tuesday, November 23, 2010

4 weeks!

Today Baby Girl is 4 weeks old!

In other news, today Baby Girl is 4 weeks old. Sad face. My scrunchy little newborn is not so much scrunchy and not so much a newborn. Double sad face.

However, she is plumping up and has delicious baby toes and thighs. Also? Dimples. And? She smiles at weird times and oh my God my heart is going to explode.

Two weeks ago, on our anniversary, we did newborn shots with Jenni from Forever Yesterday Photography. We spent an hour at her studio and got a disc full of beautiful shots:





I'd show you more, but I'm sending out birth announcements shortly and then Christmas cards (the post office loves to sell me stamps) and will be using shots on both of those.... and I don't want to ruin the fun since I already bought my $100 worth of stamps. Just know that they are adorable and Jenni is the best. So if you're in the Baltimore/DC metro areas and you need a baby/wedding/whatever photographer, Jenni is your girl. Seriously. She is so fun to work with and her photos are just awesome.

So what's new at 4 weeks? Baby Girl LOVES bath time. Her cord fell off a week ago and so far she's gotten a bath every other day... and she loves being in the water and looking around. No tears at all. Someone (me) is looking forward to Mommy & Me swim lessons in the spring!!!

4 weeks... on one hand, it seems like she has been with us forever... and on the other, I can't believe it's already been 4 weeks. I am already dreading going back to work, and I still have 10 weeks of leave left. I try not to think about it, because it makes me feel puke-ish.

On the upside, I'm 4 weeks out and now down 42lbs. So if you're keeping track, I was 197 on delivery day and am currently clocking in at 155. I feel damn good about this, seeing as I have done NOTHING to lose the weight.... other than deliver an almost 9 lb child and nurse her around the clock, of course.

5 comments:

Southern Aunt said...

Love, love, love "Baby Girl" photos and her great Aunt & Uncle can't wait to meet her over the holidays!!!!!!!

Sue said...

I've been so behind in my blog reading that I've missed your sweetheart's entire life! I just read all the posts and I love the joy I "hear" in your voice. It is the most exhausting time, but the best moments ever!

She is beautiful. that first picture...perfection! As for how much to share...it is difficult. I love seeing the pictures...but in all honesty, I think you do have to be careful what you put out there in the world for all to see.

It all changes doesn't it? Now she comes first...you will want to protect her for the rest of your life!

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Oh she's so adorable! Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see more pics :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...beautiful...beautiful, the baby girl, her parents, the pictures and the blog. Can't wait to squeeze her tomorrow!!!

Love,
MiMi

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.....
Love Grammy & Grandpa