Friday, June 18, 2010

20 Weeks: Kicking

Halfway done. Or, in the event that she decides to come early, more than halfway done. Woah. Too crazy. Let's just stick with halfway... and 20 more weeks to go. She has lots of cooking to do and I have lots of organizing, researching, and purchasing to do.

It seems like these past 20 weeks have flown by but at the same time, I feel like I've been pregnant forever... but not in a bad way. I just can't really remember what it's like to have a sandwich or a hot dog or a can of Diet Coke or to not wear pants with elastic waists. It's like how I felt a couple months into being engaged... and I couldn't remember what it was like to go about our daily life and not talk about flowers and ceremony readings inbetween paying bills and cooking dinner.

AND!!!

Ryan got an early Father's Day present this morning! I have been feeling Baby Girl moving around mostly at night (first kick at 18w5d) and still only on the inside. This morning, though, we were laying in bed in between the first alarm and second alarm and I felt a kick, but it was different. It was harder and I could feel my actual belly move!!! So I waited to see if it would happen again, and it did - 3 more times! I had Ryan flip over so he could try to feel it, but she wasn't moving and he was still kind of sleeping so we just snuggled in and drifted in and out of sleep.

.... Until I got kicked so hard it made me suck in my breath and Ryan immediately put his hand back, right under my belly button, and she kicked again! And he felt it!

Then the dog wanted to know what all the fuss was about so she crawled up by us and laid down in what we like to call the "spoon train"... Ryan in the back, with his arm over me, and then me with my arm over the dog. She snuggles right in with her back against me and stretches out like she owns the joint. And then we all fell back to sleep for a bit, with Baby Girl happily bouncing around in between us.

20 week recap:
Up 13 pounds
First outside kick
Halfway to meeting Baby Girl!!!

1 comment:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Yeah for half way!!! Time flies!