Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My very first Mother's Day... with a 14w2d bun in the oven :-) Here's the photographic evidence, taken on Friday at 14 weeks:
FYI - it is hard to take self-portraits in a bathroom mirror when not looking directly into the view finder!

Anyway, I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Ryan picked out the sweetest gifts:

A baby carriage charm for my Pandora bracelet and a baby name book!

We are stuck on names, so this is going to come in handy! Otherwise, we spent the day laying around with our pup. Ryan had to go into work for a bit, but he got out early so we went out exploring. We hit up an upscale consignment shop just to check out the goods, and then I mentioned wanting to see Babies, (how fitting for Mother's Day, right?) so we headed to the movies to see what time it was playing. Sadly, our theater wasn't playing it, so we ended up seeing Date Night (with Steve Carell and Tina Fey) instead. I really, really wanted to see Babies, but Date Night was a good second choice. It was super funny; we were laughing the whole time.

And this time next year, I'll have a 6 month old baby - a real, live, half-a-year-old baby! That thought makes me so happy that my heart hurts... I can't wait to meet this little one. This little, tiny, lemon-size baby that consumes 90% of my daily thoughts. This little baby that has already made me a mother, and -even better - has made my wonderful husband a father.

We have so much to do in the next 25.5 weeks, and we need every second of that time.... but I cannot wait 'till November.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

You look great! What a cute belly. :)

Happy first Mother's Day!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love these pics!
Hope you had a great Mothers Day!

mrs.messi said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love the bracelet!

Sue said...

Your joy is contagious! It brings back wonderful memories for me. Thank you. You look really cute!

Katie said...

so thrilled for you and excited about your new addition! I've been following your blog for over a year and I'm so happy to read about this adventure :-)

Your bump is adorable--you look great!

Anonymous said...

I love that litle bump. You look so cute and you are glowing with love & happiness.
Me again from NJ

Dana said...

I love my Pandora bracelet. I love the fact that each charm has a special meaning in my life. Hope you have a great first mothers day.