Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Make this. Now.

Per this week's menu, I made Peruvian Chicken for dinner last night.

I threw the chicken in the marinade on Monday night, but I didn't have a bag, so I put it in a big pot. But the big pot didn't let the chicken really marinate because the little bit of liquid in the bottom only went up about an inch. So I tripled it, and prayed for the best.




Holy crap, it was the best chicken I have ever had in my life. I believe my husband threw around phrases like "You've really outdone yourself" and "Please make this again". Behold, the perfect chicken:

Yes, it's cut in half. And yes, the skin is really that delicious:

The meat just fell off the bones:

And the green sauce (check the recipe) was delicious. I skipped the cilantro because I didn't feel like buying a whole bunch just to use 2 tablespoons, but it was seriously good. And green. And spicey as hell.

I tried to get a shot of the sauce on Ryan's plate, but I was too slow. If you look at the left side of the picture, you can see the blur where his fork is moving very swiftly towards his mouth.


You need to put this on your list of Must Try Recipes. It's so worth it.

6 comments:

Sue said...

It looks delicious! I've saved the recipe. It is unusual to see a WW recipe with the skin left on the chicken.

Sue

Kenya said...

Looks amazing... thanks for the recipe!

Steph said...

I am glad it was good!

Molly said...

Looks yummy!! I'm going to try it!

Genavee said...

Oh yum. I love peruvian food, but I've yet to try making the chicken. I'll have to give this a try.

Unknown said...

The skin is the best part!! :)