Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Monday

You know the drill.

Monday: No work for us today! Ryan requested Adobe Chicken Breast with Yellow Rice and Sweet Potato Fries, so that's what we're having. I may skip the rice though, since I can't stick to just one serving... unless a serving is approximately a pound. Sadly, WW seems to think a serving is 1/4 cup, which is barely even a taste of rice.

Tuesday: We're both home for dinner again! I have a whole frozen chicken from last week when it was buy one, get one free, so I'm going to try out this Peruvian Roasted Chicken with Aji Verde. I'll put everything together on Monday night so it can marinate and then throw it in the oven when I get home from work on Tuesday. Will serve with salad.

Wednesday: I'm at real work late tonight, so I'm taking leftover Taco Chicken from this weekend (I froze the leftovers in individual servings) and Ryan's having leftover Peruvian Chicken from last night.

Thursday: I'm officiating volleyball tonight, which leaves Ryan home alone again. Sadness. Taco chicken again for me, and pasta for him.

Friday: Off to Job #2. I am a terrible wife. It's my last night with Taco Chicken, and it's a Boca chicken and salad for Ryan.

Saturday: Both home for dinner for the first time in 4 nights, so I'm making Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Garlic and serving it with a huge glass of wine. And maybe some salad.

Sunday: I don't have my Job #2 work schedule yet, so I may be working. Who knows... I'll figure this out mid-week.

Can you tell I'm on a big Gina's WW Recipes kick? She has a ton of great recipes and I love looking through them for inspiration... plus, there's pictures of everything. I love looking at food. Happy Monday, lovelies!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing that food blog -- it looks fantastic! i'm definitely going to make me some Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Garlic this week because i have some mushrooms and parsley that need to be used up. sounds like a yummy week of food for you!

Alissa said...

Yum, I'm loving when bloggers do the menu for the week. It gives me some ideas of my own. Thanks for the tips.

Sue said...

I wish I could eat leftovers like you do...I get so bored. I put a WW soup on my blog today, easy and good.

Sue

Bikini By 30 said...

Re: Serving Size. There is a comedian (his names fails me) who has a bit about folks in factories making the serving sizes on packages ridiuclousy small just for a joke. 1/4 cup of anything cannot possibly be a serving!!! Haha.