Monday, December 21, 2009

Drive By Post

The level of clean that is my house right now is amazing. I could eat off my floors (never mind that my dog thinks they are always that clean; that, or she just doesn't care). Every item of clothing in this house is washed. Presents are all wrapped and under the tree. Candles are lit (never mind that I'm home alone; I like the ambience). Hell, even my CAR is clean (thanks to the $1 per 4 minute vacuum at the gas station).

I could be highly content being a housewife, but there's that whole lack of a paycheck thing for keeping a clean home. I don't want to win the lottery so much for the house, car, and private island I could buy (though I would immediately book two tickets to Australia and go from there).... I want to win the lottery so I can quit my job and stay at home. Is that so wrong?

1 comment:

Sue said...

No, it isn't. I actually do stay home now. I didn't go back to work after our last move 6 years ago. My husband had many weeks of vacation and we didn't want me starting back at the beginning again. I've always been a neat freak, so the house stuff didn't change much. I can remember the first time I read a book in the daytime...I felt guilty. Most days I like it, sometimes I'm restless and I often feel as if I'm wasting my education and experience. What I hate the most?? The "what do you do?" question.