Sunday, July 5, 2009

Where is summer going?

Is it really July?! Two more months and the kids are back at school, but I'm totally not ready for that, so let's just talk about the Wii & Brie extravaganza we've got planned for this month.

I had these adorable invitations designed and printed by the fabulous Etsy seller PersonalizedMom:


The little text under "Wii & Brie" says "because nothing goes better together than sophisticated hors d'oeuvres and cartoon sports", and of course, those are our Mii's at the bottom. How cute?! Oh, and PersonalizedMom was a doll to work with. I'd highly recommend her for any invitations you might need.

To go along with the theme, we're doing a bunch of appetizers that are easy to eat with one hand (you know, so you can hold your Wii-mote in the other):
Baked Brie and French Bread
Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll-Ups
Buffalo Chicken Cups
Salad (ok, this one isn't one-hand-friendly)
Chips & Salsa
Margarita Cupcakes

What else am I missing? What quick and easy apps or desserts do you love to make? I'd love to see some of your tried and true recipes to help me round out my party spread!!

------

Recipes for the Baked Brie, Chicken Roll-Ups and Chicken Cups
Brie: Pillsbury Cresent Roll dough and round of Brie. Put Brown Sugar and Spice on top, then almond slivers. Bake in oven for 30 min at 350.

Buffalo Chx Cups: Puffy Pastry. Roll it out; cut out mini circles. Line mufin pan with circles. Spoon in dip and bake. Dip: 8 oz cream cheese, softened; 1/2 cup hot sauce; 1/2 cup ranch dressing; 1/2 cup blue cheesecrumbles; 2 cups cooked, finely chopped chix. Mix, put in puff pastry cups. Bake at 250 for 20 min.

Cordon Blue Roll Ups: Roll out package of Pillsbury Cresent Roll dough. Layer swiss then ham. Roll it up. Refridgerate for 30 min to set. Cut into 12-16 pieces.Bake at 350 for 10 min.


3 comments:

Tuppence said...

This idea is simply the cutest thing I have heard about in ages. I love the rhyme, love the "little text", and adore how you used your mii's!

If you want to include a similiar cheese... I take a mini camembert wheel in the little wooden box, slit the top gently in about 8-10 places and slide a sliver of garlic and a sprig of fresh thyme into each slit. Wrap the whole thing in foil (so it doesn't leak all over the oven) and bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and serve with crusty French bread to dip in it. Mmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. Not saying for sure, but if I wanted to copy this idea, would you mind? If I contact your Etsy seller, do you think she could do it for me, assuming its ok with you? How much did she charge? Thanks, and I hope you have a wonderful party :)

Kate said...

CupidCutie - She could totally do it! She'll send you the link to make the Mii's; it's toally cool with me if you copy it!! The more the merrier... plus, its a great excuse to have a party. I think I paid $15 for the invitations.