Monday, July 20, 2009

Tales from the Mall

Yesterday at Job #2 I was in the fitting room (or should I say The Wardrobe) cleaning out the heaps of clothing people leave strewn all over. I was minding my own business, picking up clothes and hangers, when a woman came out of her fitting room. She was looking around, seemingly lost. I asked her if she needed any help. Not looking directly at me (as she was apparently waiting for someone to come to the fitting room), she replied:

“Well, I want to buy this top as a gift for someone, but she’s, um, big…bigger than I am. More hip-y ::motions with hands to indicate very wide hips:: And I can’t find anyone who is about her size.”

She then looks at me. She looks me up and down, and then says, “Come to think of it, you’re her size. Can you try this on for me?”

FML. In shock, I tried it on. It fit. She bought it.

And the rest of the afternoon was spent thinking, “Wait, what just happened?”

1 comment:

Molly said...

Well, I think you are a good salesperson! :)