Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Second Confession of the Day

I'm purposefully still awake at almost midnight... because I have to sleep alone tonight and I'm sort of scared.

Ryan is out of town for a professional conference and I'll be sleeping in my house alone for the first time since 2005. Normally, I get to go to said conference (we're in the same field) but my supervisor thought it might be better for me to go to a different one.... one that happens to be in San Diego. In June. Over Ryan's birthday. Kill me. So not only do I not get to go on our annual "conference/vacation/date-iversary" trip, but I also am away for Ryan's birthday. (For those who didn't catch it, Ryan and I had our first "date" while at a professional conference. We went to college together for 4 years and all it took was drinks at an outdoor cafe in Albuqurque, NM to fall in love... so we celebrate conference week as our anniversary of dating.)

But I digress.

I suppose the dog and I will go upstairs and try to fall asleep. I am going to be soooooo pissed if someone tries to steal me (or the dog) while I'm sleeping alone tonight (or the next 2 nights).

No comments: