Saturday, February 21, 2009

Finally on the bandwagon.

For the longest time I resisted the digital picture frame. Really, it's a glorified (and expensive) computer slideshow, and I'm a little old fashion in that I like framed prints. There's something about filling up a wall with photos of friends and family - it makes a wall look less naked and a room more like home.

To me, the digital frame is a little cold and impersonal. Pictures randomly flip through the cycle and repeat over and over. The faces change. Nothing lasts for long.

I was gifted a digital frame by the inlaws for our wedding, and with the packing and moving, the digital frame sat in it's box until today when I decided it was now or never. An hour later, the frame was sitting on the bookshelf in the family room and I love it! I don't have a memory card for it, but I was able to upload it with about 50 pictures (I can probably put more on, but I wanted to see it in action) to the internal drive - 50 pictures!!!! Here's the beauty of the digital frame - you can put up photos from whatever you want and know that you're not committed to keeping them around! The frame we have is only 7 inches, and I secretly want a big one now...

I realize that I'm a little late to the game here. I understand that my realization of the awesomeness of the digital frame happened for a lot of people about 3 years ago. Truth be told, this is usually how it goes for a lot of trendy things (as my sister will readily point out). I can't help it.

Anyway, I'm finally on the digital frame bandwagon. At least I didn't end up buying it on eBay for $400 by mistake (like my first pair of Uggs- I was late on that bandwagon, too).

1 comment:

Claire said...

Yesssss! I got a shout out!