Sunday, January 25, 2009

If I had a million dollars: Home Office Edition

This weekend... ok, last weekend... I was supposed to work on a paper for a committe I'm on. For some reason I truly can't get motivated. Perhaps it's because there's still lots of laundry that needs to be done, the dog keeps crying in my face because she wants to play and I have laundry to do, or maybe because we're finally catching up on Big Love and um, the Duggar wedding is on tonight.

But, if I had a million dollars, my home office would look like this:

I would probably get lots of work done if I had an office like this. OK, who am I kidding - I'd sit down at the desk, look out the window and dream up more reasons why I didn't have time to do said paper. Or maybe I'd finally sit down and write my book.

Or maybe I'd lay down on the carpet in a patch of sun, next to my dog. Yes, that is most likely what I'd do if I had a home office like this. I would be 100% more unproductive than I am now. It's probably a good thing I don't have a million dollars. I would be the laziest person ever.

1 comment:

Housewife Savant said...

Great post.
I'd be an avid runner if I had $70 pants and $150 shoes.
No, wait; I'd still have these thighs.
Never mind.
(Love your writing.)