Saturday, August 27, 2011

Waiting for Irene

The hurricane is supposed to come in around 5pm tonight, so the babe and I are hanging out in our pj's and getting things done around the house. Even though Irene has been downgraded to a Cat 1 and we are far enough inland that we shouldn't get more than some rain and heavy winds, I still want to be prepared "just in case". If it was just me and Ryan, we'd be laughing at the empty water shelves and lack of toilet paper at Target last night. However, when you have a kid, you're just an ass if you're not prepared. We went grocery shopping on Thursday night for some stuff to make chili, some fresh veggies for salads, and stuff for grilled cheese and PB&J. Then yesterday I realized we probably needed more formula and some applesauce for the banana-chocolate chip muffins I wanted to make. While we were there, I also bought two really cute tutus for the babe since I haven't found anything I like on Etsy (well, that I like and wasn't $45). Both were on clearance, so I got them for $6 total. Score. I also picked up a 3 pack of pink polka dot onesies (also hurricane necessities) because they matched the tutus nicely and one had a cupcake on the front.

I figured we should get cleaned up just in case we lost power for a while and weren't able to do dishes, etc, so Ryan and I stayed up last night getting that done. So I just had my bowl of Kix, the babe is in her pen (pack n play) playing with some Little People, and now I need to get a shower. But the dishes are all washed, garbage is out, and now we're just waiting for the rain!

OH!!! And make sure you come back on September 1st - I have an awesome giveaway lined up! But the best part? There will be 5 winners. It's true - stay tuned!

No comments: