Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Roundup

Little Bean turns 4 months old tomorrow.

On one hand, it's sort of funny that she's only 4 months old because it feels like she's been here forever. On the other hand, HOW IS MY BABY 4 MONTHS OLD ALREADY?

Quite the conundrum. I'm excited to see how much she weighs at her 4 month appt on Monday... I'm guessing she's at least 15 lbs. The baby/car seat combo is getting pretty heavy. And by pretty heavy I mean holy crap, at least I don't have to go to the gym to get an arm workout.

At 4 months postpartum, I'm down 54 lbs and have just 6 to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight! I'm feeling pretty good about this. Nope. I'm actually feeling f-ing amazing about this. Yesterday one of my supervisors stopped me in the hallway and told me that I "didn't look like I just gave birth". All I have to say is Thank you, Weight Watchers. And breastfeeding.

I didn't really talk a lot about how I was going to feed Little Bean, mainly because I didn't want to make any huge statements and then have it not work out or something, but nursing came pretty easily to both of us and I am possibly part cow. Or mostly cow. And I think it really helped take off the weight. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

We're doing our taxes this weekend and it looks like we're going to break even. Thank GOD because the $1K we owed last year kind of sucked. Know what not owing means? Our house fund gets to keep that $1K I thought we were going to owe this year.

And I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the car loan people. Apparently GAP insurance is calculated for the length of the loan and split evenly amoung the payments, and so by paying off our loan 16 months early, we also paid 16 extra months of GAP insurance. And they want to send us a check to reimburse us for that 16 months of GAP insurance that we don't need. Hotness.

And finally, we're going to sign our lease again for at least 15 months. I want to sign it for 2 years but that wasn't an option on the renewal form, so we're going to see about that this weekend. I'd love to lock in a monthly rent payment so I don't have to worry about it going up (um, like it did on this renewal... which we'll also be talking about with them this weekend). And I decided that since we're going to stay put for 2 years, we're going to do some work around the house. Before & after pics to come as we find time to paint and get some new curtains up.

Oh, and in case you were wondering.... the check was misplaced.

1 comment:

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Once again, huge congrats on the lightning-fast weight loss! And YAY for unexpected cash popping up... did you think of any fun ways to spend it? ;)