Sunday, June 6, 2010

Random Crap in the Cupboard

Sometimes when I plan out a week's worth of meals and go grocery shopping according to that list, somthing will come up and my carefully planned manu will go to hell. This past week Ryan was at work late every night and truthfully I'd rather just have cereal instead of cook for one person. So I did.

And then Ryan came home early on Friday looking for food. Whoops. So I dug around in the cabinet and made a chili of sorts. I figured it'd be pretty good based on what I threw in, but when I heard Ryan say "This is actually really good", I knew I had a winner. I'm the Queen of Throwing Crap in a Skillet when we get down to bare bones in the caniets and he'll usually eat it - I think I only grossed him out once or twice in the 6 years we've been together - but he usually doesn't comment.

We were both pretty thrilled with Friday night's dinner, though, so I wanted to jot it down for the future (or in case you had random crap you needed to use/were too lazy to go grocery shopping)

Stuff You Need:
1 pound ground turkey
2 zucchinis, diced
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can Rotel tomatos and chili

Stuff You Do:
Brown the turkey. Leave the turkey in the skillet but drain juice/fat. Dump in diced zucchini, kidney beans, corn, and Rotel. Heat over medium flame. Stir so it doesn't stick or burn. Serve over rice. Season with Adobo seasoning and serve over white rice.

The key is to just heat it through - the meat is already cooked, so youjust want the veggies heated. Don't let the zucchini get mushy - that's when it gets a little gross. We had it for dinner on Friday and then again for lunch on Saturday.... it was really that good.

No comments: