Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baby loves The Sopranos

We love The Sopranos in this house. Love. And last night while watching an old episode On Demand, I felt something.

I've been feeling weird little flutters for the past wee or so, only at night, and I wasn't really sure what they were.

Last night I got a kick that made me suck in my breath. Baby's first real kick, right in the middle of Carmela and Livia fighting. And then again about 3 minutes later, when Tony was telling Meadow that it might be "the 1990's out there, but in this house, it's 1954 and sex is not to be discussed at the breakfast table". Both times made me catch my breath loud enough that Ryan asked if everything was ok; it was the most amazing and weird thing I have ever felt.

Just about 24 hours till we find out of this little Soprano lover is a boy or girl... but you'll have to wait until Monday to find out. We want to share the news with our families first (dinner on Saturday!) but I promise I'll share bright and early Monday morning.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Yay kicking! I never thought it would be something I would enjoy so much until now. Our LO is kicking all the time now, still not enough for hubby to feel it. I am really looking forward to that!

Tomorrow is the big day, sending lots of good vibes your way that LO will not be shy. :)

Sue said...

My daughter moved the first time in a McDonalds when I was with my mother and sister. I thought I was getting sick or something and finally figured out what had happened. I still remember...she's 25~