But we are so close to paying off our credit cards that any extra money we can put towards them really makes a difference (in my head anyway). So this morning I clipped out lots of coupons from the Sunday paper.
Now here's the thing: sometimes coupons make me buy things I don't need. Sometimes, I see a sale (for things I don't need) and I buy it because it's on sale. It is a good deal. The 2010 "Credit Card Debt is Almost Gone so Don't F**K it Up Now" Me knows for a fact that it's not a good deal if I didn't need it in the first place.
I am a changed woman, y'all.
I did find lots of good coupons for stuff I normally buy, though, and thought I'd share in case you don't already know about the wonderfulness you can find in the Sunday paper.
In today's paper I found:
- $1 off any 2 bottles of Purex laundry detergent. Sometimes my grocery store has Buy 1, Get 1 sales. I will save this coupon for that sale, and I will buy 2 bottles (and get 2 free) and save an additional $1.
- $3 off Mach 3 razors (6 ct). I love coupons for razors because they are so freaking expensive.
- $1 off 6 cans of Swanson chicken broth.
- $1 off Laughing Cow wedges and .55 cents off Babybel cheeses. Apparently these are rare coupons and I love both of these cheeses. Score.
- Buy 1, Get 1 Free on Soleil disposable razors.
I found some others, but they aren't nearly as exciting. My inspriation for keeping on top of my food budget comes from Money Saving Mom. She routinely spends $40 a week to feed her family of 5, and I am blown away by the fact that they don't eat dog food all week. Ryan and I spend $75 a week and I thought we were doing good!
So check out her blog, and stay tuned for Menu Monday tomorrow and a great giveaway on Wednesday. Happy Sunday!
EDIT: Just got back from the grocery store! I saved a total of $19.01 with sales and coupons. Mission accomplished.