Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

First of all, if you haven't seen The Hangover - get yourself to a theater STAT. We tried to go on Friday night but everything had sold out mid-day. Damn us for not using Fandango like those crafty paperbag puppets. We ended up buying tickets for Saturday night about an hour after I finished my shift at the mall (how cool, I'm 27 and work at the mall).

Note to self: Eat more than a high fiber english muffin with some egg beaters before standing on your feet in heels for 4.5 hours. I have no idea how strippers do it - my feet and back were killing me, and my heels were only about 2.5 inches high. I couldn't do it in 4+ inch heels!

Anyway, the movie was hysterical - the whole audience was laughing through about 75% of the movie. The other 25% was spent with jaw open thinking "Did that really just happen?". Amazing.

Second, I was at my second job, mindlessly folding stacks of t-shirts when I see a mom, dad, and teenage daughter walk in. They walk to the racks where I am, and it becomes clear that the mom is looking for pants. The teenage daughter holds up a pair and says "What about these?". The mom shakes her head and says "No, those'll make my legs look fat."

The daughter (who is old enough to realize she's going to get the silent treatment from her mother following this statement) says: "That's because you are fat. Go for a run or something."

Hmmm. The mother promptly got pissed off and walked out of the store. Happy Fathers Day, Dad. He looked like a deer in the headlights as he followed his wife out of the store.

OH - and of course, if you missed last night's J&K+8 (like I did because I was working at Job #2), here's the official news..... d-i-v-o-r-c-e. But no worries; they didn't make enough money yet from the show, so they'll continue to do it. Kill yourself. (I'll still watch.)

It's Tuesday already.... work late (at Job #1) tonight, work tomorrow, then off on Thursday and Friday to head to NJ to prep for my brother-in-law's wedding. Counting the hours till the eyebrow wax I have scheduled on Thursday morning... the area between my hairline and bridge of my nose is officially a disaster zone.

Happy Tuesday - leave me something fun below (otherwise I may kill myself at work today)!

3 comments:

Molly said...

I am a little jealous of your mall job. I mean, you get to go to the mall! I am sure it that is overrated, but you get a discount, right? :)
I loved the hangover and am going with the girls to see the proposal tonight. I will let you know how that one is.
I wish I could tell more people that they look fat because they are. We are supposed to be honest, right? I give her props. Ha!
And lastly, I haven't watched last nights JK+8. I have heard about the divorce, though. Like you I am grossed out that they are still going to do the show, but will remain a faithful watcher. What is wrong with us?
Sorry, that was the longest comment ever. Have a great week!

Allison said...

wow...I would have gotten way more than the silent treatment from my mom if I ever talked to her like that! yikes!!

April said...

Girl, you are too funny! Thanks so much for stopping in on my blog! I'm a new fan of yours now! :o)