Saturday, February 7, 2009

The noodles are here! The noodles are here!

A padded envelope stuffed with two bags of Shirataki Noodles showed up in my mailbox the other day. After two days of looking at the noodle bags on my counter (they are semi-gross in real life), it's finally time to see what all the hype is about. I'm truly (and desperately) hoping that I fall madly in love with the noodles and that I want to eat them morning, noon, and night. Of course, this would lead to a massive loss of pounds and I would be hot and skinny. All due to these noodles.

In reality, I can perfectly picture me making a glorious plate of Hungry Girl fettuccine Alfred only to immediately throw up after a fork-full of yam root.

We're planning to go out for dinner tonight for a friend's birthday, so the noodles are on the slate for lunch. In my mind, I had a 3 point Kellogg's bar and 2 points of hot chocolate/marshmallows for breakfast, 2 points worth (2 cups?) of fettuccine Alfredo for lunch... I will then be obviously full from all of the fiber in the noodles all the way until dinner, which puts me only 7 points in leading to dinner. That, my friends, would be amazing. Again, what will most likely happen is the noodles are so obscenely gross that I immediately eat everything in the fridge to try to get the taste out of my mouth and screw up my points plan for the day. I will then be the lame girl out for beer and pizza not eating anything because I'm "watching my weight".

At any rate, we're going to get started on some cleaning around the house.... I'll let you know how the noodles go!

No comments: